Learn from individuals who have first-hand experience working as arts practitioners and arts managers. Our interactive training programs – designed for artists of all types – are continually revised and updated to help artists understand and stay ahead of the latest trends and resources in marketing, making a sale, creating and maintaining an effective online presence, budgeting, pricing one’s work, and much more.
For nearly fifty years, arts groups, state, local and regional arts agencies, higher education institutions, and others have chosen the Arts Extension Service to offer customized training programs for their artist-constituents. Select from an array of half- or full-day workshops, uniquely tailored to the needs of artists in your region. Our Artist-in-Business trainings are taught by individuals who have first-hand experience working as visual artists and arts educators, gallery owners, and arts programmers who have hired visual, teaching artists, and performers. Our trainers understand your needs, as well as the needs of museums, galleries, and performing arts centers.
- Breaking into Business – a 2-day intensive that focuses on fundamental skills artists MUST know to be successful.
- Arts Marketing – a full day on marketing for the artist;
- Business for the Arts – a full day on business skills, break-out sessions and working on segments of your business plan;
- Advanced Topics – Refreshers or new topics for those who have completed the 2-day training.
- Program topics include time management, sales, pricing, arts funding, fellowships, legal issues, and more.
Contact AES at firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 545-2360 to set up a training in your area!
- Contact: Dee Boyle-Clapp
- Email: email@example.com
- Link: https://www.umass.edu/aes/artist-business-trainings